At SocioMee, we are committed to protecting your privacy and take great care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and used only with your consent. We are committed to complying with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information We Collect and How We Use It:
When you use the AD Manager Feature on SocioMee, we may collect certain information about you. We may use this information to improve the AD Manager Feature and to provide you with a better experience.
We may collect and store any information that you provide us when you use the AD Manager Feature, such as your name, email address, and other contact information. We may also collect and store information about your use of the AD Manager Feature, such as the time and date you access the Feature, the pages you view, your IP address, and other technical information.
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the AD Manager Feature;
- Perform analytics and research;
- Communicate with you about the AD Manager Feature;
- Provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- Personalize and improve the SocioMee experience.
1. Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners so they may provide services on our behalf or help us provide the AD Manager Feature;
- With third-party service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of SocioMee, our users, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that does not directly identify you.
We take reasonable steps to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We may retain the information we collect about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4. Your Choices
You can stop all collection of information about you by the AD Manager Feature by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
The AD Manager Feature on SocioMee is not directed to children under 13 years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at support@Sociomee.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with information, we will take steps to delete such information from our servers.
6. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices related to the AD Manager Feature on SocioMee, please contact us at support@Sociomee.com